Monday, October 09, 2006

Lucky #13

This past weekend was the 13th annual Hound Ears Bouldering Competition. This was my first time, needless to say I was psyched. My goals for the trip were to hang out with some friends that I don't get to see to often, and to see (and perhaps send) the coolest problems. Well, the first goal was met. The latter however, only partially accomplished. I saw and tried a bunch of cool 'uns but not too much sending for me. My friend Paul on the other hand, made quick work of everything he tried. It inspiring watching him send a supposed V11 project in probably under 6 tries! It was pretty cool, because if it wasn't for his dad saying, "Hey there's a project around back, it looks like it has holds." I'm not sure if he would have jumped on it. Props to Mr. Robinson! I pretty much hung out with Paul and my other friend Jimmy all day. On another note, thank God it didn't rain! All in all I had a great time. Great job to Paul and Kate for trying harder than everyone else. I didn't take as many photos as I had planned (only 70). Nonetheless, here are some that I thought were pretty. Let me know what you think. Word.

The Blue Ridge Mountains.


Paul on the project.
Start matched where his heel is, left hand to shitty crimp, hand foot match with the right heel, pull up to super-shitty crimp right hand, bump right again to sloper= V4 topout.


Winner.


Done, pendejos!


Paul on Oral Resume.


Paul on Brady Problem.


Jimmy on Overweight Lover.


Kasia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just because kate and paul won doesnt mean they tried the hardest.

Scott Gross said...

I feel my statement was quite vague, some may see it as trying hard that particular day, I on the other hand may be referring to their training, or rather their over all approach to competition climbing. Every climber from V0-Vblah tries their hardest, but their is a reason those guys are climbing much harder than anyone else.

logangarey said...

YEEEOOW!!!! Scotty, Whats up! I lost my phone months ago and lost your number. Please give me a call soon. Or if anyone actually reads this thing and knows Scottys number give me a shout and let me know thanks.
Logan 720-352-1476