Monday, May 28, 2007

An Amazing Weekend

It started out with an amazing night on Friday! On 4 hours of sleep, I drove to the canyon and met up with Kendo. We got on my project first and he persuaded me to build a better landing. Good call. Well, after my first attempt and a normal landing from the crux, I tried again. This time, sticking the crux hold, moving to the top with the right hand greasing off, I threw to the jug and...well...I wasn't badly hurt. Kenneth, thought he was surely carrying me out. Ask me in person about it if you want the details.

Later Saturday, my friends Jimmy and Chas ran into us and everyone got psyched! I couldn't resist telling Jimmy about my project that I almost died on earlier. He got psyched! So we went back, and we crushed it! Jimmy sent, then I did, it was great! Somehow Jimmy unlocked it for me!

Sunday, I was feeling like I was getting a bit of a cold and not too psyched about pulling really hard. The plan was to follow Jimmy and friends to some boulders by this hospital. I had seen one boulder problem from this area previously and had always wanted to do it first try. Well, after chilling out for a bit and taking some pics I flashed the farmer dyno! woohoo! So dumb. Well, enjoy the last sequence of me getting close to sending Eddie, before taking a gnarly fall for the second time in 2 days. On that note I was done climbing for the trip. Well, I had to do the farmer dyno in the tennies before we left. Shit, if Wes can do it in a fatsuit I can do it in tennies!


Jimmy, Masta Killa, FA






Oh man, such a sick problem!
Photos taken with my camera by Jimmy Webb.












Just before I fell on my face, sans spotters.
It's crazy because you have to stab your right foot up against the roof to stop your rotation while avoiding the lower boulder with the left foot. I had done all of that, until the intensity of the swing was too much. My heel caught on the lower boulder and I knew I was screwed.


This place is a bit spooky.


"I rasta man still stand" -Midnite

Well, see ya later.
-SG

More photos!

Brandon showing us how to really extend.


Chas, Farmer Dyno, V5.

Jimmy.


Farmer dyno one-handed.




Damn! I didn't mean to look so mean! I mean, damn, I look mean!


Thalia on this rad problem that my friend Caleb put up. She worked so hard to get to the jug. It was so sick when she stuck it and held the swing like it was mellow. Great effort T-money!




3 comments:

ZCoffey said...

Yeah Buddy Looks like you had a good weekend. Nice photos, hope you didn't hurt yourself to bad. I have only put one of the photos up for the last weekend, did you see it?

Munky said...

Sweet pics. Damn, I wish i lived in the southeast. All those amazing sandstone boulders. Scott your beast. And it appears all of your buddies are sickly strong as well. Keep ya head above the smog and your eye on grand prize. Hope to see ya soon homey. Joe

Climbing Narcissist said...

wish you would stop hogging all the sick sandstone down south