I took a little 5-day trip to Chattanooga to chill and climb with some friends since I had a week off from school. We went to LRC (Stone Fort) and Rocktown for a couple of days. Conditions: a perfect balmy/96 with humidity for the entire week, it was humid too. So I got to climb with one of my favorite climbing partners Jimmy Webb. He's been in a bunch of my photos throughout my postings so try and find him! That kid gets me so psyched to work hard stuff no matter the temps! Oh yeah it was humid also. Nonetheless, I had a great time! Thanks to Jimmy and Caleb for putting up (with) a brother for a few nights! Caleb has a website if you haven't checked it out go watch some cool climbing vids from the Southeast many featuring Jimmy Webb. Word, well how bout some photos?!
Caleb Calhoon on Celestial Mechanics, V6.

Caleb sending. Oh man it was humid!

This photo pretty much sums up our climbing days last week.

He held that thing one-handed for half an hour!

Me trying for the second of Interplanetary Escape V9ish. Put up this season by Jimmy Webb. FInally someone unlocked the true line here! Good job Jimmy! It goes straight up and to the right. I've been looking at this wall for years just wishing I was strong enough to figure it out, not to mention pull off the ground.

Jimmy going off the swing at the hippie hole.

Jimmy and I started playing with light at 3AM.



One of a large series I'm working on. The Law, V11 Stone Fort (LRC). Jimmy now has this problem in his circuit. Proud of ya kid!

Well, that's it hopefully school will let me get out climbing more but it's looking grim. Eww grad school is a lot of work.
See ya!
-SG
2 comments:
As usual, awesome pics dude. It was rad climbing with you, you always bring good energy!
Oh yeah, and did you think it was a little humid last week? I just wondered, cause personally, i thought it was kind humid :)
Nice,, I dig the photo's with the light trails. Look like some sweet climbing, When is the cold coming, I want to play.
Post a Comment