Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ahemmm still ILL

So here's some of the footage from the second day in So Ill. The day started off with Brion making quick work of the wet classic Praying Mantle (v8). The starting crimps were soaked! I tried the first move and my left hand blew off of the crimp and I felt like there was a good chance that I'd go for a swim if I tried again. The other boulder problems are from a sick little area that the Chancellors called The Roost. If anyone knows the names to some of these problems hook a brother up!

It's funny this was my 3rd trip to So Ill and previously I remembered the texture being similar to what we have here in the southeast. I was waaaay off! The sandstone in So Ill is so much more compacted thus leaving the texture to be smoother than we've got down here. It was crazy because the Monday that we got back, Jimmy, Kasia, and me went to LRC and it was like velcro compared to So Ill. When we found the problem that I think is called, The World's Biggest Sloper I was psyched! Nothing's better than some badass slopers that you have to campus on! Love it!

The trip and video was capped off with Jimmy crushing this huge "Es Pontas" style dyno.

Enough, here it is enjoy.

So ILL from Scott Gross on Vimeo.

Well, keep it real.
-SG

5 comments:

ZCoffey said...

sick Gross! nice work and I dig the track, Sorry I missed your call sunday, I will help you get the wood, for the wall!

Scott Gross said...

Thanks Zach! The music is actually royalty-free from thinner netlabel. Not sure when I'm going to build, still working on free standing designs.
Take care man!

maysville said...

Dude...That was SICK!

Anonymous said...

Scott,

Nice work, so ill looks wicked, I hope the south is giving you some love.

Are you building a woodie?

-Tim from Ohio

logangarey said...

Hey Scotty!! I like your work man. I posted a link to this video on http://www.benmoon.com/land

I know this guys sister, she's a bike a racer from Portland and he takes great photos so I figured I would pass you guys on to each other.
Hope all is well
Logan