
He's lived in the ravine next to my parent's house for the past 2 years. He's a northern watersnake or for you latin folk nerodia sipedon. When I first encountered homeboy, I almost stepped on him but swung around (all ninja) and was highsteppin' out of there faster than Deon Sanders being chased by Deon Sanders. Totally thought it was a copperhead and was about to smash him, but noticed his head was not all huge and venomous-ish so I took a photo and looked him up.
Thus, Waddles was spared thanks to the digital age!


Watching wildlife is so fascinating to me! I learn so much just by chilling and keeping my eyes open.
Hug a tree, or a wild animal! ;)
Later,
-SG
btw- I have a pretty gnarly ligament issue in my right ring finga so climbing is kind of on hold for a bit. But my photo finger still works! So call a brother if you're going out!!!
2 comments:
Glad he's still alive, having a snake around the yard is actually a good thing. Circle of life my friend!
For real! He's fascinating to watch! It's crazy he's probably a foot longer than last year.
I haven't seen him in 2 weeks, moreover I spied a huge owl the other day sooo...
Post a Comment