Monday, April 17, 2006

Your's Truly

I went to Rocktown yesterday and wound up meeting up with Nate, James, Corey, and Jackie. The day started off great, complete with a mini dance party in the parking lot courtesy of Gnarles Barkley! We headed out with no serious agendas. I got a great warmup by soloing this cool easy route. That was as chill as the day got. I almost died yesterday.





Now, for the most beautiful problem ever. I have no idea the name but I'm sure few have sent (if any.) This thing is located just up the hill from Blue. I've spied this wall before but I was always alone and didn't have the cajones to go for it without a few extra pads. Well, yesterday was the day. The problem is mainly nothing but pockets and slopey crimpers to a heinous topout. It's so nice to have a sweet point-and-shoot now because I can pass it to people and I can finally have photos of the photographer. It's true, I do climb rocks! Proof...




I told Nate that if I got to this move it was going to be "serious business," heh.




This is when I almost fell. I had to get my feet over so I could begin the topout. I was a bit pumped at this point and started to sag backwards but I got my left foot up and it pulled me back on.

Searching for the non-existant holds on the top. Screaming in terror, seconds before the bail.


This is when James proved to be a better friend than photographer. He stopped shooting and started praying I guess. I knew I was not going to have it for the top so I turned around and jumped for the little tree behind me. I grabbed it somewhere around my knees. The tree bent so much that I wasn't strong enough to hold on and ride it all the way down and it flung out of my grip. Just as that happened Nate was in the midst of moving the pads, when he looked up and saw my right toe stabbing him in the left eye. I landed on top of him and we both went rolling down the hill. My glasses when flying. Other than Nate's eye and a few scratches we were both safe. Do I have the desire to send this thing someday, I'd have to say yes. I might wait till it's cooler than 85degrees. Thanks Nate you saved my ass! Beers, are on me for a long time man. Well, see ya later. SG

2 comments:

chief said...

omg, that thing looks amazing. i'm glad you're cool; it would've sucked to break your foot again, yo!

Wes said...

post the rump posse photos