David taking a stroll to the boulders at Houda Point. Fall '04.

David walking beneath the Redwoods.

Jeremy Rhee on Crown of Aragorn V13, Hueco Tanks. This was literally one of the first photos I took on my trip to Hueco in Winter '05. As you may know, I'm not the biggest fan of guidebooks. So when we got back to the boulders, I was so psyched I was just getting on everything! Needless to say, I was rediculously weak since I'd been doing nothing but skiing for 3 months in Tahoe, prior to this trip. So I think Jeremy had warmed up on maybe one or two other problems before giving this thing a try. I immediately got psyched when I saw "Crown" because it looked sooo good! Jeremy sits down feels the holds and gives it a go. First try he snatches the second crux hold only to let go from the sheer amazement of just reaching the thing. So, I get all psyched because I have no idea it's graded so hard. Pull off the ground with Jeremy's beta and snatch the first hold and I think to my self, "GOD DAMN THAT'S PAINFULL!" I try to make the match and of course I fall. A few moments later I ask Jeremy if he knows what it goes at and he says, "V13" and I pull the camera back out of it's case. I think that was a good decision.
The match. Can't stop looking at this one blown up. Oh man.

The throw. The left hand he's grabbing is the right hand start hold to Better Eat Your Wheaties that goes at V8 itself.

On that trip Jeremy did not complete the problem although, that was over 2 years ago. Talk to me.
-SG
8 comments:
Amazing shot of the redwoods! Fisheye?
no, telephoto
Jeremy is the strongest unknown climber around. He's also entirely too nice for his own good.
I knew that kid when he was shorter than me. Damn, I'm old.
I couldn't have put it better. He's a great friend indeed.
So this is what you were talking about NiCe! I love the redwood photo outstanding! Did you take all of them with the fisheye?
already answered that.
I don't think it was telephoto
minor correction: start hold on wheaties is one hold further left (out of frame)
Post a Comment